NEW ORLEANS (press release) – After a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the premier south Louisiana garden show is BACK – and better than ever.
On April 2 and 3, the New Orleans Botanical Garden will, once again, be alive with gardening enthusiasts from all over the Southeast when the Spring Garden Show returns to New Orleans City Park. The two-day event features over 50 vendors exhibiting common and exotic plants as well as various gardening paraphernalia.
Gardeners of all levels are invited to experience everything the horticultural event has to offer. In addition to the exhibits, Garden Show guests will have access to plant sales, a children’s discovery tent, educational programs, live music, arts and crafts, cooking demonstrations and the Botanical Garden itself, in all its vibrant spring glory. Additionally, guests will have the opportunity to pass through the Pavilion of the Two Sisters to view the winners of the 2022 Flower Show. LSU AgCenter specialists, Master Gardeners and New Orleans Botanical Garden personnel will also be on hand to answer all gardening questions.
On Saturday, visitors can enjoy music by the Crescent City Gentlemen, Co & Co Travelin’ Show, Bruno Elisabetsky and Michael Ward-Bergeman. Sunday’s lineup includes ‘T Marie and Bayou Juju, Or Shovaly and Rebecca Todaro.
The 2022 Garden Show is sponsored by the LSU AgCenter in cooperation with Metro Area Horticulture Foundation and New Orleans City Park. For more information, and to purchase tickets, visit NewOrleansCityPark.com/events/spring-garden-show or LSUAgCenter.com/NOSpringGardenShow.
Spring Garden Show
When: Saturday, April 2, and Sunday, April 3 | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Where: New Orleans Botanical Garden, 3 Victory Avenue
Admission: $10 for adults, $5.50 ages 5-12 | Free for under 4 and Friends of City Park members
Saturday, April 2
• 9:15 a.m. Monarch Citizen Science 2022 with Linda Auld, “Nola Bug Lady”
• 10:15 a.m. Plant Materials for a Beautiful and Sustainable Landscape with Dr. Heather Kirk-Ballard, LSU School of Plant, Environmental and Soil Sciences
• 11:15 a.m. Growing Asian Vegetables, Herbs and Spices in the Backyard with Dr. Kathryn “Kiki” Fontenot, LSU School of Plant, Environmental and Soil Sciences
• 12:15 p.m. The Beauty of Southern Vines with Glen LaBorde, GNO Master Gardener
• 1:15 p.m. Container Garden Tips with Dr. Jeb Fields, LSU AgCenter
• 2: 15 p.m. Why Is My Palm Dying? with Dr. Raj Singh, LSU Plant Diagnostic Center
Sunday, April 3
• 12:00 p.m. Controlling Pests with Biopesticides and Alternatives to Synthetic Chemicals with Dr. Joe W. Willis, LSU AgCenter
• 1:00 p.m. Controlling Troublesome Weeds in Flower Beds with Dr. Ron Strahan, LSU School of Plant, Environmental and Soil Sciences
• 2:00 p.m. Vermiculture: The Magic of Worm Composting with Richard Bienvenu, Louisiana Master Gardener